The Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary is one of the oldest and most famous churches in Trentino and was built by the Prince-Bishop of Trento, Bernardo Clesio, between 1535 and 1538 on the foundations of former Romanesque and early Christian churches. The Bonatti organ is of outstanding importance. It already existed in the seventeenth century and was very popular from the beginning. The eponymous Giuseppe Bonatti from Desenzano on Lake Garda restored it in the 18th century. He installed the new organ in the existing wooden case, as a symbol of continuity of the instrument and sound quality.